It is that time of the year to start thinking about setting some fitness goals and prepare for the Family Marathon. We hope you can join Landlubbers which is our after school running club for students in grades 3-5. During our weekly runs, we will work on building endurance and speed while fostering a love of running.
- The club began on September 3rd and meets each Tuesday from 3:45-4:45 until October 29th.
- Runners should come dressed appropriately, bring a labeled water bottle, and meet on the basketball court when the 3:45 bell rings. Tracked out students may still join us. Please walk your runner to the office and sign them in. They will SAIL to the back playground to receive their name tag.
- SAIL-ing is expected as we want the runners to be role models at OCE. Runners will be given three warnings for poor behavior before being asked to leave Landlubbers. If runners are picked up late, they will receive a warning each time this happens. Please talk with your runner and make sure they are willing to commit to Landlubbers and model SAIL-ing expectations.
- On days that it is raining, we will have our session in the media center. If your runner needs to go home with a friend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Finally, the runners must be picked up promptly at 4:45 in the carpool lane using your carpool tag. If you need a carpool tag, please email Mrs. Stauffer to request one.
- Use Google Docs to sign your child up.
- Welcome Ashore: OCE Land Lubbers Running Club
During our weekly runs, we will work on building endurance and speed while fostering a love of running. The runners must be picked up promptly at 4:45 in the carpool lane. Parent volunteers are welcome to join us. Runners need to provide their own running shoes, shorts, sun block, water bottle, etc. Coach Kane, Coach Petersen, and Mrs. Stauffer look forward to seeing you on the track.